Monday, June 28, 2010

This plus That

Look what I made over the weekend!

I took this simple DIY about making a necklace using scarp fabric, from the fabulous blog called cakies. Then I made these pretty flowers from the also fabulous blog called Mrs. Priss.

For the necklace I used a fine ribbed jersey fabric and for the flowers I used a very sheer white and navy fabric. The center of the flowers are vintage buttons from a big jar that my Grandmother gave me.

I think it turned out great!

{and thanks to erban for the photoshop action freebie, that turned my photos slightly dreamy}

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip, I love DIY! You have a very cute blog!

    <3

    aww! you have my button! I'm gonna add yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you going to approach Anthropologie or JCrew about your products because they are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo. awesome. i love the necklace. & the action looks pretty good! yay. glad to see it works well on other stuff besides flowers...well, real ones at least. i like the look of them on the brick, really nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, ps: i've tried making those organza flowers before, but i am such a absent minded crafter that i burnt my fingers. hah. hope that didn't happen to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks great!!
    p.s. i love your blog so i gave you an award. you can get it here: http://cherryredstudio1.blogspot.com/2010/06/today-i-got-my-first-blog-award-i-am-so.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Looks so cool!
    Great blog! I love photos!
    Hope you will visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ana! Yeah it took me awhile to figure out how to not burn myself!

    ReplyDelete