Sunday, May 30, 2010

Garden

One of the joys of owning your own home to me is having your very own garden. A couple of weeks ago I took a trip to the local Home Depot and filled my trunk with all kinds of gardening goods. Since this is my first garden, I had to buy all new tools too. I didn't really have a plan, I just went with an open mind and knowing I could only purchase plants that needed no more then 3 to 6 hours of sun light.

This is what I planted:
Dalmatian Bellflower
Mossy Saxifrage
Speedwell
Cottage Pink
Creeping Phlox
Bugleweed
Dianthus Plumarius
Hydrangeas

My mom brought me some greenery from her garden.


While gardening I had a little helper (other then my mom). Thanks Nacho! He just sat right in the dirt.


Over the weekend my sister, brother-in-law and my nephew Jack all took a short drive to the Evergreen Brick Work which is at the Don Valley Brick Works on Bayview Ave. The Evergreen Brick Work has a farmers market that is open every Saturday throughout the summer and features a fabulous assortment of fruits, vegetables, wild fish, meat, cheese, milled flours, eggs and oils—all from local farmers and not to mention a great selection of organic plants and flowers for your garden. I will have to save a whole post about Evergreen, but I will give you this: Evergreen is a non-profit organization that makes cities more livable.


I still wanted to add Lavender to my garden and I found some great plants at the Evergreen Brick Works Farmer's Market.

{kew red lavender}

{english lavender}

I know you have to be patient with a garden, but it looks like my hydrangese might be ready to bloom?


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Nacho is your english bulldog???
    i love so much french and english bulldog <3

    ReplyDelete