Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bokeh Effect

I can't wait for Denis to come home! Because when he's home, his Nikon D3S is home so I can try the Bokeh effect on my images. Bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image.
The affect seems really easy. All you need to do is play with the aperture. The material you will need to get the Bokeh heart shape is black cardstock. Next you will need to cut and shape the sheet to make a fake lens hood. In the middle of the card is where you would cut out your Bokeh shape. I found step by step instructions over at Cut Out + Keep.

I love how you can get really creative with your Bokeh shape.

Click Here for instructions with pictures. Also, make sure to check out the whole site, because Cut Out + Keep is pretty cool. It's a place where people can post their DIY projects.

Denis is home 2 weeks today! Can't wait.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment