Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Simple Donut Holes

I love donuts! I love them so much I thought I would try to make my own. I cheated a little by using Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits as the base. I was a little nervous about the hot oil, but it was really easy. They turned out delish!



Ingredients

oil, for frying
Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
icing sugar

Directions

Heat 2 inches of oil in a large pot at 350 degrees F. I used my new handy dandy new oil thermometer.

Lay out the biscuits on a cutting board. Cut the biscuits in half and then roll them in to balls. Fry them in the oil until golden and then flip with tongs to fry the other side. Drain on paper towels and then toss in icing sugar or as you desire.

Yum! And definitely not doughy inside. It was fun trying something new, but the next time I want to make the dough myself.

CLICK HERE to see step by step photos.

Enjoy! I know I have

No comments:

Post a Comment