Monday, January 11, 2010

What's for dinner?


I love KD and with me trying to lose weight I needed a low fat alternative. So I found this recipe:

4 cups cooked elbow macaroni (about 8 oz.uncooked, without salt or fat) ( I used whatever pasta I had)
2 cups (8 oz.) Shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup low fat or no fat cottage cheese
3/4 cup no fat sour cream
1/2 cup skim milk
2 T. minced onion
1 1/2 t. reduced calorie margarine
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Cooking spray

Preheat oven 350°F.

Combine first 10 ingredients; stir well. Spoon into a shallow 2-qt baking dish coated with non-fat spray.

Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover casserole and bake an additional 5 minutes.

CLICK HERE to see my photos of maybe one of my new favorite recipes.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment